#1 Vacation goody baskets make great delivery presents von gsnoopy520 27.06.2018 05:14

Russian servicemen prepare a Russian Sukhoi Su-30SM fighter jet before a departure for a mission at the Russian Hmeimin military base in Latakia province Farid Diaz Camiseta , in the northwest of Syria, on December 16, 2015. (XinhuaAFP)
MOSCOW, Nov. 27 (Xinhua) -- Russian Defense Ministry on Monday denied a report that Russian air strikes had killed dozens of civilians in airstrikes against terrorist targets in the village of Al-Shafah in Syria's eastern Deir al-Zour province.


"The aircraft of the Russian air force were not used against the village of Al-Shafah," the ministry said in a statement, adding that the strikes "are applied outside settlements and exclusively against targets of international terrorist groups."


Data on such targets are checked and confirmed in real time via several channels: from the ground and unmanned means of objective control ahead of a strike, the ministry said.


France's AFP news agency said earlier Monday that at least 53 civilians Frank Fabra Camiseta , including 21 children, died early Sunday morning when Russian air strikes hit residential buildings in a village held by the Islamic State (IS) group in eastern Syria.


It quoted the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights as saying the strikes hit the village of Al-Shafah in Deir al-Zour province, on the eastern bank of the Euphrates River.


On Sunday, Russian Defense Ministry said its six long-range TU-22M3 bombers had launched airstrikes on IS targets in the province of Deir al-Zour hitting "terrorists' strongholds and areas with high concentration of militants in the Euphrates valley."


It said Russian warplanes made around 530 sorties in Syria, destroying over 1,320 terrorist facilities in the last seven days.


So far, 98 percent of the Syrian territory have been liberated from IS militants Felipe Pardo Camiseta , the ministry said in a separate statement.




A sound detected on Monday in the South Atlantic, near where an Argentine navy submarine with 44 crew went missing five days ago, is not believed to have come from the ill-fated vessel, a navy spokesman said.


The sound detected by probes initially raised hopes that crew members aboard the ARA San Juan submarine, which disappeared after reporting an electrical malfunction, may have been intentionally making noise to attract rescuers.


But an analysis by Argentine authorities, on the fourth day of a search-and-rescue mission Miguel Borja Camiseta , showed that it was highly unlikely it had come from the German-built submarine, navy spokesman Enrique Balbi told reporters in Buenos Aires.


"It does not correspond to a pattern that would be consistent with bangs against

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz